"What you see depends mainly on what you look for." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, September 10, 2012

Kitchen state of mind.

Today, I felt a little domestic.

Filling the dishwasher led to washing the counters inspiring me to cut the veggies. Corbyn has a tendency not to eat anything but fresh produce. I cut it all at once and store in tupperware for the week. My house wifin' only got worst from there.


After cutting the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots I realized I didn't want to waste the tree stumps. So I boiled them and dropped in a chicken bullion cube. Then all of a sudden I was adding ingredients. Corn, red beans, carrots and noodles. It was madness!


At that point I realized it was too close to dinner time not to fry up some chicken. The kind that tastes like chic-fil-a. Then, of course, I was enticed to brew some fresh southern style sweet tea!

Just as I had finally sat down, my hardworking Sugar Bunny called on his way home requesting a fresh pot of coffee. 
 (That's a whole 'nother story, entirely. As it took me 10 years to get him to enjoy coffee)
Once I could smell the brew I had to fluff up some fresh whipped cream to give it that cappuccino effect.



Ive spent a majority of my time in the kitchen, today.
 Much like every other day. It got used and abused.

Somewhere along the way, my back began to hurt. But, in the end, my husband is happy and our tummies are full.

No comments:

Post a Comment